Saturday, September 14, 2013

A Simple Statement Turns Into Words of Wisdom

I love quotes. I do not have them all over the place or anything like that. But I do love them and think of them from time to time. I don't believe a quote is ever really intended to be a quote. I think most of the time they just become a quote because someone somewhere at some time read or heard it and held onto it. Then it gets passed down the line so to speak. A few days ago as I went through things on Facebook just to catch up, I caught something on my brother's page. And it stuck with me. I have been having a very trying and difficult time for the last few weeks. Apparently at the time he posted this he was also having a hard time. Now it was not meant to be inspiring to anyone else. Not meant for words of wisdom. Not meant to help someone else. Probably knowing my brother, it was a personal vent on top of being a personal reminder. But he helped me in a time of need. Without even knowing I would need that help. Here is the first part of his statement. "You know, days like today test my faith...very much so. I hope I pass the test. I try to remember to react with humility, put myself in other people's shoes, and to understand that it isn't about what others do or say. I can't control others, but I can control me and what I do." - James Davis. I am posting this here and on my Facebook page. Who knows, maybe just one other person could use this in a time of trouble and/or need.

No comments:

Post a Comment