Thursday, August 29, 2013

Old Wooden Windows Oh the Possibilities

I am loving this whole garage sale group thing on Facebook. I love to go and find good deals but in the heat it is just getting to hard with my MS. On top of watching the grandkids. On top of all of the projects I have going on. On top of the house. Wow when it is typed out, no wonder I am so tired!

Any way, A wonderful younger couple posted some old wooden windows for free on one of the boards. I jumped all over that. Here are a few of them.







The first thing I did was start breaking glass. The neighbors across the street thought someone over here was very mad about something. LOL. Dave had a lot of fun with that one. I googled some ideas with wooden window crafts and went from there. Here is the first project.







I simply screwed the window frames into each other. Easy as pie. I used some of the hardwood from the basement and made a shelf which I still need to cut. In the spring I will be putting flowers in containers inside. I am debating adding a "door" to the front. 


Here is another window that I have hung on the wall of our staircase going upstairs.




I hung pictures of my kids by white lace ribbon. I am still looking for the other pictures to hang on the bottom. But you get the general idea. 

Oh and did you see the doors in the background of the pictures of the windows? They also gave us those and I can't wait to get those beautiful babies in place. Dave and the neighbor put the screen door up I will post on that later.








1 comment:

  1. This is why it is better that you should linked review before developing. It is possible to post superior send that way. fenster kaufen

    ReplyDelete