Sunday, August 18, 2013

Kitchen Cabinet Repurposed Into a TV Stand

When we bought the house the kitchen cabinets were nice just not what we wanted. We bought oak cabinets from Menards a few years ago and brought them with us. So when we took them down I thought I would use them for other things. Here is one of the cupboards before I revised it.




Our bedroom is kind of small but just the right size for just the 2 of us. I wanted something to match the dresser for the tv. So I took white paint and mixed up some chalk paint. The white is just a Menards brand that was premixed. Definately not a paint I recommend. I have had such a hard time with it. 

Any way. I removed the door and took the center panel out. My grandson Bryson helped me. He is so funny. He said "aww grama broke that". Then I put chicken wire in the center of the doors. 

I painted the cupboard with the white chalk paint. Added a shelf to the top door. Turned the doors around. And here is the finished product. I think it is so cute.






Here it is in the bedroom next to the dresser I redid a few weeks ago.


I am still looking for the baskets to put in the top drawer area of the dresser. But they look so good together. The house is really coming along. We have been having so much fun putting it together. Now to decide on paint colors. 




No comments:

Post a Comment