Monday, May 20, 2013

A Weekend Full of Redo

This weekend was very productive. I finished 2 furniture pieces. The first is a chair that we found at an Estate Sale on Friday for 3.00. My grandson Bryson aided in painting this piece. He was so cute just a painting away. I keep forgetting to take before pictures so this is slightly painted.









I love this chair. The woman had painted it white and recovered the seat. First I painted it a blue chalk paint that I mixed up with 2 colors. After 2 coats you could still see the white which is what I wanted. Then I used a chalk paint in White Chocolate and made a wash out of it. Just mixing 2 parts paint to 1 part water. Then brushed it on and wiped it off. Using a palm sander I distressed it. Then finished with MinWax finishing paste. And I love this little chair even more now.







Here it is in the sunroom in it's rightful place.




My son had this little table and didn't want it any more. I didn't realize the detail this table had until I started cleaning it up.






Once again I forgot to take a before picture before I started painting. I used White Chocolate chalk paint mix on this. After 2 coats I mixed up some Valspar in Pine with water to do a wash coat. Then sanded again with the palm sander and finished with paste wax. This little table turned out so cute.






A few weeks ago we found these brass knobs with back plates at the ReStore for .49 a piece. They are gorgeous.





I bought Rustoleum Hammered spray paint in Dark Brown and look at these babies now.





They are going to go beautifully in our kitchen. I also did a wash coat on the cupboards over the stove with the Valspar paint in Pine. I have too many projects going right now. So this weekend really helped in wrapping a few of them up.











No comments:

Post a Comment