Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Rainy Day Project...Antiquing A Table

I found this little table a few years back at a garage sale for 3.00. Dave always looks at me with this are you serious look. I said oh don't worry I am going to redo it.





I sanded the top down with our hand sander using 80 grit. Someone had used an 8 penny nail to reattach the front leg. We removed that and countersunk a screw. Then Dave used his nail sets and reset the small nails into the other legs. I filled all of the holes and cracks with wood filler and sanded the top once again after the filler dried for 24 hours. Then I used Minwax  stain in Early American on the top. I had some of the White Chocolate chalk paint left from the tv stand so I dry brushed some of that onto the bottom leaving some of the wood to show through. Then I let it dry once again for 24 hours. I finished it with the Minwax finishing paste and here is the end result.





I am pretty happy with it. I just need to figure out the perfect place for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment