Saturday, April 6, 2013

Slow But Sure Progress...Unveiling the Fountain

We have been working on the backyard for the last 3 days. There is the retaining wall and the fountain. Someone partially filled all of it in with dirt.We have been digging slowly because we are not sure what is under the dirt. The fountain is almost all the way out...we think. Oh my what a mess. Remember this....




Well just look at this now!




See the retaining wall peeking out in the back of that picture.






There appears to be a whole rock garden theme going on and it could be tied in with the wall. Dave is going to rebuild the fountain and get it working again. 

He also built me raised flower beds the other day. Using treated landscaping timbers he screwed some small deck wood on the inside and used the same deck wood for the ends. Then I put some dirt from around the wall and fountain in them. The total cost for this was 30.00 which is great. I am loving them. We have the old garage foundation out there. We put them over the one side to cover the edges and the small poles sticking out of the ground. He is going to do another set on the other side.



The patio will be in the middle of them. 

The neighbors have a retaining wall also. They have vines from hell growing on them. The vines have grown over and gone up the side of our house. You can see the vines trailing through the yard to the house. OH MY! It took us 2 hours and 8 trash bags yesterday to get these things off of our house. And we are not even finished with it. Those things are horrible. They were literally growing into the walls of the house. I pulled some vines that were 3 feet long out of the inside of the outer walls. The guy from next door said he burnt them off the wall to make them stronger, but it would have been nice had he trimmed them and kept them contained to his yard. Insert a strong want to choke my first living being here again LOL.
I hope everyone realizes I am just kidding...kinda. The progress is slow but sure. 

I have this bad habit of starting one thing and then something else comes that has to be done. The yard is our priority right now. The rot's are still coming down here. Animal control is only on duty Monday through Friday until 5 and they can't do anything after the fact. The police can't write tickets or anything unless they see the dogs out. Well I am not willing to take the chance that the dogs get a hold of my dogs or anyone else in the family. So we are doing that to hopefully put a stop to the dogs coming down here because their owner isn't willing to do anything himself. Which is a whole other rant I better not get into. We were going to do the countertop and wooden floors this weekend but I am pretty spent from the yard so I will be taking it easy. Otherwise we are taking the truck load of yard waste to my parents house in the country to be burnt today and chilling. Everyone have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment