Sunday, June 9, 2013

More Fantastic Furniture Finds

Well we went to the ReStore again and I found some treasures. I spent yesterday and today redoing 3 of them. The ReStore was having a sale in the clearance center, buy one get one free. So for 23.00 I got a plush chair that is in desperate need of repair, 2 cane back chairs, a side table and another chair. Here is the side table.






It has been really nice outside so I took advantage of that. First I cleaned it really well. Then I used on oops quart of paint we got at Lowes for 2.50. It is a greyish blue. I Love this color in fact I am thinking about taking it back and having them mix up a gallon for me for the dining room. Well I mixed chalk paint and painted the top. Then I white washed in Dutch Boy White Chocolate chalk paint on the bottom. The wheels and drawer pull got a fresh coat of the Rustoleum Hammered in Dark Brown. Then after the paint dried I sponged on Minwax stain in Ebony making sure I got it down in the detail and cracks. Then I simply wiped it off with a damp rag. The damp rag also distressed it for me so double plus. Less work. Here it is after a wax coat with finishing paste.







And again I am not sure where I will be putting it. My youngest daughter is moving home with the grandkids this week so once again plans are changing. I think they are taking over my basement with their toys. But I don't mind, they are worth moving a few things around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment