Saturday, July 13, 2013

Kitchen Countertop Done and for 30.00 Woot Woot

We finished our countertop this weekend on the sink side of the kitchen. It looks beautiful. We used 2 x 4's. Who would have thought after sanding they have so much grain to them. The total cost for this countertop was 30.00 which is a double plus. We also made a pattern in the corner. We absolutely love that part. First we layed it all out. Then glued the pieces together and used clamps to hold it together with cement blocks on top. Dave cut the length once it was placed and glued. Then cut out the sink hole. I sanded the whole thing down and stained it with Minwas Early America. Then coated with 4 coats of poly. It was probably need more but I will do that once this heat breaks here.







It took 7 boards on the sink area and 8 on the snack bar area. I may make that part wider later, I am not sure about it yet. This is a work in progress but it is coming along. I am the kind of person who changes their mind 9 million times before I finish so we shall see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment