Friday, October 12, 2012

Days 5 and 6 of Making a Castle Cake....Finished!!

Wow has it been a long week. Yesterday was spent baking and frosting with the ganache. I absolutely love that stuff. The way it sets up it is pretty hard to get the edges so that they are not smooth and straight. I used 2 smoothers today to put the fondant on and got such smooth and square edges. It was a breeze. Well until I started putting the decorations on. The edges aren't so square any more lol. But this is a picture of the finished cake. 








I think it is pretty cute. Backpack is our favorite lol. For Sophie I made her own special cake. I used a 10" Dora doll and made the skirt of her dress out of a yellow cake. I died layers of the cake batter with food coloring and made her  a rainbow cake. She is going to love it. 





My next project is going to be homemade spaghetti sauce with meatballs for my Grandson Tristan at the end of this month. His birthday is the 30th so he is having a Halloween themed party this year. The spaghetti is to be "worms" and the sauce "blood" and the meatballs "eyes". I don't think I will ever look at my sauce the same lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment