Friday, November 26, 2010

Sophie

That would be my Granddaughter. Spitfire, to say the least. I watched her this morning for Tareh and Aaron while they went shopping. As I watch her, I see Tareh all over again. She is so much like her mother in so many ways. Independent to say the least. Strong willed again to say the least. I could go on and on. But then again in this family who would expect any different. She comes from a short line of strong independent women. But a long line of stubbornness. That quality she comes by honestly. She came into this world with the fury equal to that of a hurricane. For whatever unknown reason she was in distress. In fact the nurse screamed over her phone everyone get in here now I am losing this baby. As I stood there watching my daughter go through the hardest thing in her short life she has ever faced my mind screamed. Now I know we are never given more than we can handle. I know God has a plan. He has reason though we may never understand it. But at the same time I look to the sky and ask Lord how much more. Why is it all 3 of my grand kids have to try to outdo each other and make their entry into this world difficult. Tristan and Keegan also have their own stories, which I will tell. I can face anything that happens to me full frontal with strength. But when it comes to my kids it is all a front. I always break down later. You have to be strong for them while quietly hiding the fact that inside your mind you scream. The fact is you can do nothing. Watch and pray, but in reality nothing to actually help them. And now at the same time my granddaughter is involved in this helplessness. The unknown once again. Now a year later I look back and thank God once again for pulling us through. For bringing us here. And for yet again another life lesson. Hold onto the good. Rejoice in it. Even though you forget about all of the good until something bad happens usually. It is the human way. But every single time I see my Granddaughter I also think about how lucky we truly are to have her. We came to close to losing her before we even knew her.

No comments:

Post a Comment