Sunday, November 28, 2010

Tristan

Tristan is my oldest Grandson and my first Grandchild. He started the whole competition between my Grandkids to see who could make their entrance into this world the most difficult. They told my daughter Ashlei he was coming out feet first and they would have to do a C-Section. Now mind you this was her biggest fear during the pregnancy. For whatever reason this scared her the most. But like a true trooper she endured and brought that little man into this world. First he was wrapped all in his umbilical cord and they had to untwist him. Just like a hurricane he entered and is still blowing a strong wind. He is the smartest, happiest child I have seen in a long time. At the time I thought his birth story was big, but the other 2 wanted to prove Grama wrong. And they did. Tristan is my little sneak. They moved in across the way from me and he would sneak out and come see Grama. Now mind you I would always tell him that he had to tell Mommy and Daddy. But he would always add something. One time he put his Dad's shoes on and started to head over. Because Grama told him he had to have shoes on. One time he came in just his diaper and shirt. So the next time when I asked did you tell Mommy and Daddy, knowing full well he did not. He simply stated "Well I have pants and shoes on". The light in my life. The oldest. The First. What a reputation to live up to. Not only is he all of that. He is also big brother to a disabled brother. And he does that job well. Protector to the end. I am proud of him in too many ways to even state. He has pulled his little brother along. I truly believe he has helped Keegan come as far as he has. Just by being himself. The loving happy kid he is. And I thank God that his story is now boring. I had the same familiar look to the sky with him. But that has faded some in the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment