Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Transformation Of A Crib

My mom helped us out so much with the purchase of our house, the least I could do is to build her a bench.
I found an old crib on one of the Facebook garage sale groups I belong to for 1.00. Even better, cheap! I have seen so many posts on blogs and Pinterest about using a crib to build a bench. I thought this should be pretty easy. That is what I get for thinking. .....



The side rail was used for the back of the bench. The ends of the side rail are open so I screwed a 1 x 2 to each end to close it off.  I took one of the ends and cut it in half. Then screwed each side to the back rail. Using 2 x 4's I built  the seat base.And I used 2 x 4 pieces for the back legs. The first cabinet I made unfortunately fell apart when we moved it out of the bedroom so I used the pine boards from the top of that for the seat. Mixed up white chalk paint. Distressed it and finished with poly. The poly is because she isn't sure if she wants to put it outside or inside. 






It brought back several happy memories building this. My kids all used the same crib and it was just like this one. But I think this bench turned out beautifully and my Mom loves it.






No comments:

Post a Comment