Thursday, August 29, 2013

Wrapping Our Bed with White

The same couple who gave us the windows and doors also had some headboards they were throwing out. They had just purchased their house and the garage had to be taken down so everything inside was to go. I jumped all over all of this stuff.

This headboard was the one that caught Dave's eye first.




Oh the beautiful detail and curves.

Here she is all dressed in white and ready to wrap our bed in all her glory.







Of course I used white chalk paint on her. She argued with me so much to the point that I finally gave in to her. She is not a true white. More of an antique white. And would not stay smooth. After 4 coats of chalk paint I finally said Ok fine wear what you want. LOL. But the crackled look fits. Evidentally she did know better than I. 

I also mixed some Minwax Ebony Stain in with the finishing paste to make dark wax. I used it around the center design. I am not sure I like it at this point. Maybe I will decide on future projects. Who knows. I do like that it brought the detail out a little bit more though.










No comments:

Post a Comment