Saturday, March 23, 2013

In a Perfect World....

  Ok this is a bit of a rant. In a perfect world......when a company says their product will do something it would be nice if they wouldn't LIE! LOL. Now I know I was not born into a perfect world. I know better than to read a label and think ok this will do just as it says. But come on people. At least tell me in fine print we said brush this stripper on like we say, wait the 30 minutes, and go out to completely evaporated product. And then we are going to take the 6 bucks you just wasted to buy our crap, pool it with all of the other fool's 6 bucks, and fly to the Bahama's.

  Menards only has 1 brand of stripper. Zinsser Stripfast. After wasting the first can because it even evaporated in the bowl, I bought another. Ok call me crazy but what else do I do. The paint ate right through the 50 grade sandpaper after 2 small areas. And at 4.00 a belt this could get really crazy. So I played around a bit. If i work in very small areas and start scraping immediately it takes most of it off. Yeah finally figured it out.

  Dave's brother in law is a contractor. He said use Strip Ease but alas Menard's doesn't have that one. In the mean time....Sorry if I offend anyone, if I could find the fool who painted this floor, I think I would shake my first living being. But after 3 hours I do have most of it off. Nothing worth anything is easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment