Saturday, March 23, 2013

Dining Room Floors....Oh the Joy of Removing Paint

  In one of my earlier posts I mentioned that someone had started painting the dining room floor. Well we have started to redo the floor and oh boy........







What a mess huh. But the wood is beautiful once it is sanded. When we get all done I will share pictures. 

I know I said get the kitchen done first then go to another room but that plan has changed. I have all of my china in boxes still so we need to get the Dining Room done so I can get that out of the spare bedroom. I need to get the dresser out of the Living Room. This house is still a wreck because I do not want to take care of anything until the rooms are done. Or at least far enough I won't have to clear it out to do a little bit. 

I also found 2 fantastic tables at the ReStore yesterday. I LOVE them. 

The first is a drop leaf with a center 5th leg. The veneer was peeling very bad so that is being stripped off. It is mahagony and has beautiful detail.



Look at those legs and the curves on the edge. I forgot to get a complete before picture so this is in progress. 




And those legs. Oh the curves. I can't wait to finish. But the best of all....It was only 4.77. 

The second table is also a drop leaf. It has these old metal locking hinges on the bottom. Rollers on the bottom of beautiful carved legs. This table was 9.77. Gotta love the ReStore. 








It needs some work but it is going to be beautiful. My Big (little) helpers helped me clean it up and also helped with the veneer. They just crack me up. 







No comments:

Post a Comment