Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Another Day

  We almost finished hanging the kitchen cabinets yesterday. This is really coming together. And it is faster than I expected. We have been here a week and a half and have almost all of the kitchen done. We need a new refrigerator so until I have time to go pick one out we have the last 2 cabinets sitting in the middle of the kitchen. They will go in between the stove and refrigerator. We took 2 of the wall cabinets and put them in the sun room area for a built in shelf unit. I took the doors off the front and will be adding a top to the bottom cabinet later. We plan on building a corner window seat under the windows next to the shelf unit.

  We have done a lot of head scratching so far and I am sure will be doing more. We can't figure out why they did some of the things around here but ok to each his own. At one point the previous owners had put the 220 for the dryer and a vent in the sun room.  My dad came over last week and disconnected the 220 upstairs. He reconnected the 220 in the basement and looked at the regular outlets to see why they were not working. Wow...they had a fire. They had to have been standing right there when it happened. The wires were absolutely fried on the one outlet for the washing machine. They built a half wall that doesn't even begin to go to the top of the ceiling. That made it difficult to have enough wire to redo the outlet. More head scratching. Another thing to add to the massive remodel list. Build a real wall for the laundry area.

  I am keeping one of the corner base cabinets and will be making a tv stand for our bedroom out of it. Some of the extra wall cabinets will be used to make various cupboards and stands throughout the house. I have some other tables I will also be refinishing. I figure with all of the things on my list I will be busy even from the grave LOL.

 

 

3 comments:

  1. I know I commented on this yesterday. Where did my comment go? Anyways, I said how are you doing laundry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't until Dad came over and fixed the electric for us. It is all up and running now. Thank God. It was starting to pile up.

      Delete
  2. OK I was gonna offer to let you do your laundry here.

    ReplyDelete