Saturday, March 16, 2013

Barely Beginning the Counter Tops

We went downstairs today and pulled all of the hardwood off in my sons room. We put the carpet from the dining room down in his room also. I am still trying to decide if I want to panel or drywall the bottom of the walls down there. Paneling would probably be easier to change out if it gets wet. We still do not know what happened down there to cause the water damage. I am waiting to see a huge leak or something, but nothing yet.

Tomorrow we will be cutting the pieces and getting ready to start on the countertop. Lord knows we have enough wood. We probably have enough total from all of the walls to build 4 countertops for 4 different houses LOL. I am so excited about all of the new stuff. I need to pick priorities though. Finish one room at a time Kim. LOL As much as you want to no more quests to find new stuff until you get the kitchen done. Then pick one room and go from there. You can do this.....I think I can....I think I can.

My daughter Ashlei stopped by with her roommate Heather to show her the house. What a nice surprise. They thought my happy dance was pretty funny too. But they know I lost my mind along time ago. We called my mom and told her about the ceiling. She is just as tickled pink as I am. She keeps saying she is going to move in here with me. She has some lamps she is sending to me that she says will match the house. I also found one at a local thrift shop the other day that fits in here. It looks so nice on my end table. And best of all it was only 8 bucks. Gotta love cheap cute stuff.

While looking around at different blogs and things today I found the desk I want to make for my computer.
http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2012/08/diy-desk-for-bedroom-farmhouse-style.html
I already have most of the wood. I had a different idea in mind but once I saw this desk I changed my mind. My to do list is growing bigger every day. And time grows smaller it seems. Since I watch the grandkids during the week I really only have the weekends. But that is ok I love having the kids here. And besides I also get to see Keegan every day. Matthew takes Tareh to work and Keegan has to give me a hug and kiss. I just love that to pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment