Friday, March 15, 2013

A Big Thank you

  I have been meaning to write this and have no excuse for not doing so before now. I need to give a big thank you to a few people. First my parents. Without them we would not have our home. Second to my son in law Matthew and my son J. Without them we would never have been able to move everything. With my MS and Dave has nerve and disc issues in his shoulders and neck, the heavy things like my china cabinet would have been almost impossible to move. Matthew and J busted their butts, literally on Matthew's part, to get us into this house in basically one day. It was the 16th anniversary to the day of us moving into the trailer. Matthew said "oh no it is the anniversary today we are getting you into this house TODAY" LOL. He meant it and he did it. Thank you so much. It was so appreciated. And we love you all for everything you have done for us.

  We had so much fun that day! This family is crazy sometimes. You name it, we joke about it, and turn almost anything into a party. Poor Matthew. He scared me to death twice in 5 minutes. We rented an appliance dolly for the move. We were hoping the refrigerator would go into the basement for my son but unfortunately it was too big. Well Matthew had shoes on that were slippery on the ceramic tile. While trying to back the fridge out of the basement doorway, he fell. The fridge started coming down right on top of him! Oh my. Then while trying to bring it up the 3 stairs to the sun room and kitchen, he fell again. Same thing that darn fridge started coming down. I thought this is it he is gonna be a pancake. And leave it to Matthew to sit on the floor, declare "my butt hurts" and laugh. Oh my. That was NOT a time to be funny or make me laugh darn him. But Matthew just fits into this family. Always laughing, joking and teasing.

  Everyone worked together and had a great time. It was nice to have Ashlei and Keegan at the trailer with us for a while. Ash walked through the trailer to her old room and said "mom this is kind of sad, I spent so much time in here". And she did. She fought battles within herself in that room. And she won. She came out strong, it just took her time to realize how strong she is. She spent a lot of time with our first Pit Jade. Jade brought her through a lot also. As she cried, Jade licked her face. What a great and special relationship those two had. Keegan was thrilled to be at Grama's new house. He kept saying "I am gonna come here and sleep upstairs with Grama" LOL. There are already so many memories and it has only been 2 weeks. I am so excited to create many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment