Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Table Revived

  Wow have we ever been busy. Remember this table.....






Well just look at this beauty now.....







It doesn't look like the same table! I am absolutely in love with this table. Here it is in the sunroom. 





I left most of the imperfections. I think it gives it character. I love the ring and all of the dings on it. 


 


I found a website with refinishing tips. First I washed the table with the equivalent to dish water. Then I let it dry for 24 hours. The next day I used Minwax Gel Stain. I love that stuff. 





I just used a rag and wiped it on. Then I rubbed it off with another rag after 3 minutes. After another 24 hours I repeated the steps again on the center of the top to darken it to match the sides. The next day I used Minwax finishing paste wax. I forgot to take a picture of that stuff. But it is in the stain isle at Menards. I used a rag to wipe it on, waited 10 minutes and buffed it out to a shine with a clean rag. 
This is the first of the never ending list of projects. We have been working on the dining room floor. Remember all of the paint? Well 95% of it is now off. We will be renting a floor sander probably next weekend and start sanding away. I can't wait to show that off once it is done. It already look 100 times better. And the wood is absolutely beautiful under all that crud.



No comments:

Post a Comment