Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Coupons....Oh how I love to save money

  For the last few months I slacked off from the coupon world. I love saving money. Being on a limited monthly income I have to make it stretch as far as I can. And you gotta love the internet. I found a couple of sites I really like about couponing. They share the deals that they have found and break it out in easy terms to teach you how to save hundreds every month. The Krazy Coupon Lady is the first site I found. She has several helpful pages and breaks it down by store. Well yesterday I went to Kmart. I don't usually shop there but I really need to figure that store out! It is down the road from us now where before it was across town. There isn't any other store around it so it used to be out of the way. When we first moved in I needed the cordless screwdriver and some new bits for the power drill. My son went with me and we picked those things up there. I still am not sure how but I received a 5.00 gift card on that shopping trip. So yesterday I went down to use it. I got free coffee and filters with the card and some reward points I had that were going to expire. Hmm every little bit helps. I have watched extreme couponing in the past and wondered how they save so much at Kmart. Well I am definately going to have to figure this one out.

   I have never really had a big stock pile like they do on those shows, but I had enough to last us at least a month on several things for really cheap. Once I went to Walmart and after checkout they owed me .98! You can beat free but them owing me money was even better. I love going to the store and having the total come to 300.00 but only paying 100.00. It is such a rush.

  My computer is acting up so in a few weeks I am going to be buying a laptop. Then I will fire up the old printer and be printing away. I love living here in so many ways. One of the ways is that most of the stores I shop at for the deals are now within a 4 mile radius. And 4 miles is the farthest away. Most of them are within a mile and right around the same area or even in the same block. Not so much driving now. Double plus. And yes I shop at several different stores. Some people think that is a waste. Well if I shop those stores in the same day it isn't a waste at all. And with all of the free or next to free stuff I get it makes it even better.

  I got the grandkids those heavy Disney kids sippy cups at Rite Aid free and man did they love them. For my girls I have gotten so much of the Glade products free or next to free for their Birthdays and Christmas I don't think their houses should ever stink. At Christmas time I got Glade Candles for .29 a piece at Target. They typically sell for around 4.00 a piece. I could go on for hours about all of the stuff I have bought with coupons. Things that otherwise I could not afford. Does it take time and efforts. You bet. Is it worth it. You bet.

  Swagbucks....I love that site. I have also slacked off on that. I spent about 5 hours total on that site and earned 50.00 in Amazon.com gift cards. So that comes out to about 10 bucks an hour to sit on my butt. Woot Woot Lol. That is how I got the modem for ATT internet. If you haven't tried them you should. Click on the link to the right on my blog and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment