Thursday, March 28, 2013

Brighten Up My China Cabinet

   My china cabinet used to be my mom's. She gave it to me about 20 years ago. I love this cabinet. It had seen better days though. Being shoved into the kitchen at the trailer it had gotten bumped and bruised.






Using the same technique as the table, I washed it, then used gel stain. This time I brushed it on lightly with a foam brush and let it dry 24 hours in between 3 coats. Then I finished it with the finishing paste wax. Look at this beauty now.






I absolutely love using the gel stain to brighten things up. It is so easy and doesn't change anything about the piece. We are having so much fun doing this. and it is a great filler project. Easy to do and fills in time while waiting for other things to dry. 


No comments:

Post a Comment