Saturday, March 16, 2013

My Living Room Ceiling

Ok so I have been searching online for planked ceilings and how to do them. I LOVE those ceilings. They give so much rustic appearance. Well as I am reading some of the blogs talk about using wood repurposed from other houses or barns. Well I really don't know why it hit me. Dave has been spending a lot of time nosing around in the attic. He told me a few days ago that we have a space between the floors upstairs and the ceiling downstairs. So I sent him on a small quest. Look and see if by chance there are planks on the ceiling downstairs. And GUESS WHAT....THERE ARE!!! YEAH!!! Can you tell I am past excited? 

There is a spot in the living room that is cracked and starting to come down. Dad pointed that out and we couldn't figure out at that time if it is water damaged or not. Well it isn't. I poked at it this morning and look what I found...... 






I am so excited. It is a good thing my mind still works because there is no way my body could do the cartwheels I am doing in my head. Planked ceilings in the living room for FREE. Dave keeps laughing and shaking his head saying
"you are a dork". I am singing and dancing around the house " I love my house, we have planked ceiling and wood floors". LOL 

  We are thinking that gravity and time are the culprits in the cracking and sinking. I am really trying to do one room at a time, but curiosity not only killed the cat, it got me right along with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment